There are a number of different services that could be appropriately set up as 'Events' through the MagnaPass system. The term 'Events' includes workshops, retreats, intensives, networking, meet-up's… basically any session that doesn't repeat each week.
We've put together our guide to help you create, edit, manage and deliver your events to clients through MagnaPass.
If you're looking to set up an 'Event' and start taking bookings through MagnaPass, here are some of the important features that make an 'Event' unique to other services such as 'Appointments' or 'Classes'.
- They can be set up to occur on a single date or span multiple dates e.g. weekend retreats.
- You can easily schedule the event over and over again if you wish.
- They allow you to take drop-in bookings for ad hoc sessions.
Creating a new Event
STEP 1: Login to your MagnaPass account
If you don't yet have an account, follow this link and sign up for your 30-day free trial.
Once you're into your dashboard, to access the 'Events' section:
- Click 'My Services' in the grey bar (within a drop down menu on mobile).
- Select 'Events' when the option appears.
From here you can view all of your event types. You can edit or delete your event types listed at any time. You can also create a new event type, see below to find out how that works. See the 'Managing Events' section for more details on editing, cancelling and deleting events.
STEP 2: Create an 'Event type'
The first step to scheduling an event is creating an 'Event type'. This is the general details of an event including name, description and images (cover and thumbnail). Start by following these steps:
- Enter a name of the event type e.g. "Yoga Workshop".
- Fill out the description field. You can always edit these later and/or copy and paste text into these fields.
- Click 'Save changes' to continue.
The page will refresh with your new event type and you'll be on the first of three tabs. The profile tab displays the name and description you have entered but you will see there are some new buttons/links:
- 'On hold' checkbox which will hide the event from the public without deleting it.
- 'Event profile' link below the title of the event type which you can visit and share with clients.
- 'Image' tab where you can upload a cover image and thumbnail image that will be used on the public profile.
- 'Schedule' tab which is where you will start to add the event to your calendar. See below for instructions on how to do this.
- 'Delete' button in the bottom right if you need to completely remove the event from your account.
STEP 3: Create an 'Event schedule'
Events are scheduled one-by-one
Start date, end date
Start time, end time
Editing an event
Deleting an event