Packages are a block of passes that can be purchased by clients - for example: "5 Class Pass". Once purchased, the passes are to your account. Once purchased, you can book into the classes you wish to attend by spending the passes.
There are a number of variables you can use to tailor a package to your specific needs. This includes:
- Basic information: Name, price and description. Example: 5 Class Pass, £30.
- Duration: The amount of time a client has to use the passes. After this, the passes will expire and become invalid for clients to use. Example: 4 weeks from start date.
- Start date: Choose when you want the passes to be valid from once purchased by a client. Example One: From the date of purchase (leave field blank), or Example Two: From a specific date of your choice.
- Number of passes: Set up how many passes are included in the package. Example One: 10 total passes to use within a 5 week duration, or Example Two: 2 passes per week to use within 5 weeks (total = 10 passes).
- Which services are included: You can specify which classes, events or courses can be booked using the package passes. Example: Yoga Class, Pilates Class and Meditation.
Setting up a Package
The first step is to sign into your MagnaPass dashboard. Select 'My Services' and then 'Packages'. This will display a list of packages (or an empty list if you don't have any packages set up yet). To begin setting up a package, click the 'Create a new package' button.
If you don't have a MagnaPass account, you can find out more here and sign up for a free 30-day trial. Our team are more than happy to answer any questions by email or set up a demo call with you. Please scroll to the bottom of this article for more details of how to get in touch.
Firstly, fill out the name of the package. This can be changed later but we recommend something simple such as "5 Class Pass".
Next, enter the price of the package. Just enter the numerical value excluding the currency symbol. For example: DO write "50.00" and DON'T write "£50.00".
Then fill out the description field. This can be copy & paste text from elsewhere or something written from scratch. Keep this as concise and to-the-point as possible. The simpler it is, the better your clients will understand the package (therefore, more likely to make a clear decision to purchase).
This is set in increments of weeks. The minimum is 1 week, the maximum is 52 weeks. The duration dictates the expiry date of the package (and subsequent passes) and is dependent on the designated start date (see below).
Select a number of weeks from the drop-down field.
This can be a specific date from which all packages and passes will start. This is useful if you're running a limited-time offer or promoting a launch for a specific point in time. To do this, click on the date field and select the specific date on the calendar that pops up.
Otherwise, the most common scenario is that the start date is from the date of purchase. In which case, leave the start date field empty. If there is already a date in the field, click on the date field and then click the 'Clear' button at the bottom of the calendar that pops up.
Number of Passes
This will determine how many passes are added to the clients account after they purchase the package. You can either give all of the passes in one go to be used before the expiry date. Enter a numerical value in the For example: 10.
Or you can provide clients with a weekly amount of passes. In which case, choose a number from the drop-down field. For example: 2 per week.
Note: This variable is either/or so if you are offering 10 total passes in one go, enter "10" into the 'Classes' field on the left and leave the 'Classes per Week' drop-down field blank (and vice versa for the reverse).
Which services are included
In the packages editor, select the 'Classes' tab and you'll see a drop-down field with an 'Add' button. Select the service you'd like to add to the package, then click 'Add'. Do this until all of the services you want to be included in the package are added.
It's important to add these services before packages are purchased by your clients. Packages (and the subsequent passes) that are added to the client's account are based on the settings of the package at the time of purchase. So if a class is added or removed after a client has bought a package, it will not affect their passes but it will effect any purchases after the changes are made.
NOTE: Before adding services to a package, you must first have created the services - this includes classes, events and courses. See our guides on how to set up your services below:
- The MagnaPass Guide to CLASSES
- The MagnaPass Guide to EVENTS & WORKSHOPS
- The MagnaPass Guide to COURSES
Managing your Packages
Putting a package on hold
If you want to hide a package from public view so people can't book it (whether it's for a few hours or forever) you can select the 'On Hold' option in the package editor. Here's a step-by-step guide to putting a package on hold:
- Log into your MagnaPass account dashboard.
- Click "My Services" then select "Packages". This will display a full list of your packages.
- Click the yellow "Edit" icon to the left of the package name. This will take you to the package editor.
- Under the "Profile" tab within the package editor, tick the "On Hold" checkbox above the name field.
- Click the green "Save package changes" button at the bottom of the page.
Editing a package
Tracking passes and purchases
Deleting a package
NOTE: Clients may ask you how they can see their passes, how many they have left and how to use them. Read the following article to find out how to do all of that and feel free to send it to your clients: The MagnaPass Guide for CLIENTS.
Start your free 30-day trial
If you are interested in getting your online classes set up, we are more than happy to help you every step of the way.
Please feel free to get in touch with us by emailing email@example.com with your query.